Foreign students can fall into the special categories of candidates that can be admitted to Higher Education in Greece, on condition that neither the candidates themselves nor their parents have the Greek nationality or citizenship. Those candidates submit their documents to the Ministry of National Education and Religious Affairs and fill in the candidate’s application entry form, stating the Faculties and the Departments they prefer.
The Ministerial Decision with the instructions for the admission to higher education in Greece, for international students for the academic year 2016-2017, can be found here. This file provides the template forms required for the admission. Please, keep visiting this page to get updates regarding the forthcoming academic year (2017-2018).
The application procedure for admission to higher education in Greece of foreigners of non-Greek origin is supported electronically by an information system, which becomes available during the specified dates.
The URL for the information system is http://exams-foreigner.it.minedu.gov.gr
The period of electronic submission of the application – entry form, for the academic year 2016-2017 was from Friday July 15th, 2016 until Thursday July 21st, 2016.
The main goal of this application is to assist the candidates by providing the possibility to submit their application – entry form electronically, on line, without being subjected to any inconvenience and to derive all necessary information, in order to be updated about the category which they belong to, about the necessary requirements and the documents required. The instructions regarding the use of the application are available here (for the academic year 2016-2017).
The candidate, after the electronic submission, shall send the following documents (for the academic year 2016-2017 by the 22nd of July 2016 expiry date on the postmark):
- one (1) signed copy of Application (PRINTED BY THE ELECTRONIC SYSTEM)
- one (1) signed copy of the Official Statement (PRINTED BY THE ELECTRONIC SYSTEM)
- one (1) photocopy of the certificate of equivalence and correspondance of the candidate’s graduation certificate, issued by the Directorate of Greek studies abroad, intercultural education, foreigner minority schools of the Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs, or by the Directotates of Secondary Education or by the Counsellors at the Education Offices of the Greek Embassies as well as a certificate of his/her total marks average, issued by the Directorate of Greek studies abroad, intercultural education, foreigner minority schools of the Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs, or by the Directotates of Secondary Education or by the Counsellors at the Education Offices of the Greek Embassies. The total marks average should be issued on a 0-20 mark scale, 20 being the top mark and 0 the lowest mark.
- A photocopy of the graduation certificate with his official translation by the official authorities, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Embassy or the Consulate of the foreign country in Greece or a Greek Lawyer, according to the new lawyer’s Code (art.36, Law 4194/2013-FEK 208/A/27.09.2013)
- one (1) ID card type photograph
- one (1) photocopy of passport or ID card or other document with photograph, that certifies the identity of the candidate.
EXCLUSIVELY AND ONLY BY EXPRESS MAIL (COURIER) to:
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION, RESEARCH AND RELIGIOUS AFFAIRS
«DIRECTORATE OF EXAMINATIONS AND VERIFICATIONS»
DPT. Α΄ off. 0091,
37, A. Papandreou P.C.. 15180, Maroussi – Athens, Greece
for the attention of:
The committee in charge of collecting and checking Application-Entry Forms
from Foreigners of non-Greek origin for the year 2016
Results are announced in the Ministry of Education website by entering their Candidate Code and their initials (Surname, Name, Father’s name and Mother’s name).
Please keep visiting the website and register to our newsletter and our Facebook group to update your information for the forthcoming academic year (2017-2018).