CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
(Pending publication of the act of establishment and the bylaws of operation)
The Departments of Biology, Nursing, Dentistry of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens and the School of Medicine of the national and Kapodistrian University of Athens in cooperation with the of Foundation Biomedical Research of the Academy Athens (BRFAA), the Hellenic Pasteur Institute (HPI), the Biomedical Sciences Research Center “Alexander Fleming" / (BSRC Fleming), the National Center for Scientific Research "Demokritos", (E.KE. F.E. DEMOKRITOS) and the National research Foundation organize and function together the Master’s Program entitled «Athens International Master's Programme in Neurosciences» from the academic year 2018-2019.
The purpose of the postgraduate program «Athens International Master's Programme in Neurosciences» is to provide high quality graduate education at the Master of Sciences (M.Sc.) level in the scientific field of neuroscience.
The program invites graduates of Departments of domestic Universities and Higher Technological Institutes and graduates of recognized equivalent institutions abroad to submit their candidacy for enrollment. The program will accept maximum 25 full time students and 5 part-time students.
Students from foreign institutions should recognize their Academic Titles following acceptance to the program. Under Law 4485/17, a Postgraduate Diploma is not awarded to a student whose first degree from a foreign institution has not been recognized by the Interdisciplinary Organization of Recognition of Academic Titles and Information (Διεπιστημονικό Οργανισμό Αναγνώρισης Τίτλων Ακαδημαϊκών και Πληροφόρησης (Δ.Ο.Α.Τ.Α.Π.), according to Law 3328/2005 (A 80).
For the evaluation and selection of candidates the Selection Committee applying the law (4485/2017), additional criteria defined by the competent bodies, as well as the decisions of the Special Interdepartmental Committee, takes into consideration the documents described below as well as the performance in the interview.
Interested graduate students are invited to submit the following documents during the period of 15th of May to 15th of June 2019.
- Application Form-Detailed curriculum vitae (at the Program website, please send this as pdf upon electronic submission of the application and as hard copy upon submission by regular mail to the department of Biology)
- Synopsis of your Biographical Sketch as an excel document (excel document found at the Program website, please send this as pdf upon electronic submission of the application and as hard copy upon submission by regular mail to the department of Biology)
- Personal Statement (One page please send this as pdf upon electronic submission of the application and as hard copy upon submission by regular mail to the department of Biology)
- Certified copy of Diploma or certificate of completion of studies (hard copy and pdf). NOTE: If the certificate of completion of studies is not available during the application period, the students should submit it by the 25th of September, 2019 the latest.
- Detailed list of all undergraduate courses and grades (hard copy and pdf)
- A one page summary of the Undergraduate Research Thesis (hard copy and pdf)
- Publications in peer-reviewed journal (hard copy and pdf)
- Evidence of professional or research activity (if any and other than that obtained during the Undergraduate Research Thesis, hard copy and pdf)
- A Photocopy of both sides of your identity card (hard copy and pdf)
- Certificate of the ranking of the student, issued by the administration of the Department, (if such document is issued, hard copy and pdf)
- Two reference letters with special reference to the relevant ranking of the applicant. The reference letters will be sent to the administration of the Program directly by the referees to email@example.com.
- Certificate of Proficiency in English (hard copy and pdf). Knowledge of English is documented by one of the following ways:
- Diploma from an Educational Body of an English-speaking country or a postgraduate program taught in English
- Certificate of Proficiency in English
- Certificate of Toefl score at least 500 points (or 300 with the new way of evaluation)
- IELTS certificate with a grade of 6.5 or more
- National Certificate of Language Proficiency (level B2)
The Dates of the interviews will be announced on the webpage but are expected to be on the July 3nd, 4th and 5th, 2019
NOTE: Greek students are not required to have the documents provided by the Greek Universities translated in English. Nobody is required to translate their Undergraduate Research Project.
The starting date of the courses is predicted to be between the first week of October. The exact date will be announced later
Please, send all documents by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org AND by regular mail to:
Secretariat of the Department of Biology
Zografou 157 84
Γραμματεία Τμήματος Βιολογίας
157 84 Ζωγράφου
Related information and the required application forms-are listed on the webpage of the Program: http://masterneuroscience.biol.uoa.gr